The candles consist of a structure cage, depending on the application made from RVS 316, RVS 304, Titanium gr2, GRP, PP, PVDF….
Depending on the application, a specific filter medium is wrapped around this core. EFC provides an extensive range of filter media to design the appropriate filter. Fibre type is depending on the application: the most common fibres are chemically resistant glass, polyester, polypropylene or carbon.
EFC has developed an exclusive wrapping method to produce extremely accurate filters for any application and according to the specific needs of the customer.
Principal activity sectors
Atephos brownian diffusion candles with standard dimensions have a diameter of 600 mm and a height variating between 1800 and 5400 mm.
Principal technical characteristics
- Maximum recommended speed for the filter media:0.25m/sec
- Filtration level:100% efficiency starting with droplets of 3 microns, >99% efficiency for droplets under 3 microns
- On-site assistance and consulting
- On-site or in-factory relining of used plugs, whether from EFC or not
- Rental of a test installation
MODELS ATB SERIES
- Drying Tower
- Interpass Absorbing Tower
- Final Absorbing Tower
- Heat Recovery Systems
- Liquid SO₂
- Wet Sulphuric Acid plants
- Brownian diffusion type candle: due to the very low gas velocities ( random Brownian movement sub micron droplets ) small sub micron droplets collide on a fibre and are retrained from the gas stream. Larger droplets are retained by inertial impaction mechanism. Horizontal position of the candles facilitates liquid drainage, liquid can be drained outside the tower.
- High velocity
- High gas throughput
- Brownian diffusion Fibre bed
- High Efficiency >99,5%
- Customised fibre beds
Material of construction
Cage Material: SS316L or SS310 for HRS applications
Flange OD: 712 mm
I.D.: 508 mm
O.D. : 610 mm
Effective filter height: up to 5400 mm
Configuration: Hanging or Standing Type Candle
Filter media: chemical ressistance glass fibre and special chemical grade reentrainment layers to prevent droplet entrainment and facilitate liquid drainage capacity.
Working range / efficiencies
Max recommended fibre bed velocity: 0,25 m/s
Flow range: 50 – 115 % design flow
Max inlet loading mg/Nm3: 4000 mg/Nm³
Pressure drop: 50 – 500 mmWC ( depends flow/element )
Efficiency >= 3 micron: 100%
Efficiency < 3 micron: >99%